My research interests include
- Multiscale analysis and modeling of deformation and failure of granular materials.
- Seismic Soil Structure Interaction.
- Computational Geomechanics,
- Poromechanics (Coupled analysis of deformation and diffusion process in porous materials)
Currently, I am working on nonlinear analysis of interaction effects between structures and the
surrounding soils for earthquake loadings. There are several issues involve in analysis of soil-
structure interaction under earthquake loading. These include nonlinear, hysteretic, and
irreversible behavior of soil, constitutive relationship to model complex behavior of soils,
characteristics of input earthquake motion, dynamic properties of structures, computational
method to perform highly nonlinear analysis, etc. The objective of this research is to develop a
computational approach for nonlinear analysis of seismic interaction between structures and
surrounding soils under nonlinear finite element framework.
Any potential candidate who is interested to carry out research in this area can write to me
on my Email: email@example.com.
- Earthquake Engineering
- Seismic Soil Structure Interaction
- Constitutive Modeling of Granular Materials
- Computational Geomechanics
Awarded young scientist project captioned as “Experimental Investigation of Diffusion Process During CRS Consolidation under Monotonic Loading and Unloading-Reloading Stages” under the Fast Track Scheme run by DST, New Delhi, India cost of Rs. 15 Lakhs.