Present Designation: Postdoctoral Researcher at Eberswalde University for Sustainable Development, Germany
Area of research: Spatio-temporal analysis of effects of road network in the Central Himalayan region, Specialization in geospatial applications in human environment, forest conservation and climate change.
Profile Summary: Her interests revolve around the interface between geospatial technologies (remote sensing, GIS, GPS) and human environment to address the most pressing issues in the geospatial domain.
Education (Example filled below)
Year Degree (Branch), Name of Institution
2021 Ph.D. (Civil Engineering), Shiv Nadar University, Delhi NCR
2014 M.Sc (Geoinformatics), TERI School of Advanced Studies, New Delhi, India
2015 B.Sc (Chemistry Honors), University of Delhi, New Delhi, India
• Mann, D., Ibisch. P. L, Marz. M, Hoffmann M. T., Singh. K. N., Joshi. P. K., Selva. N., Laurance W. F., and Lindenmayer. D. B., 2021. Burgeoning roads drive global fire risk. Scientific Reports-Nature (Under Review)
• Joshi, P.K., Mann, D., Panwar, M., Rankavat, S., and Ibisch. P.L., 2021. Impact of road-network on forest composition and soil properties in Central Himalayan region. Ecological Processes (Under Review)
• Mann, D., Rankavat, S. and Joshi, P.K., 2020. Road network drives urban ecosystems-a longitudinal analysis of the impact of roads in the Central Himalaya. Geocarto International.
• Mann, D., Anees, M.M., Rankavat, S. and Joshi, P.K., 2020. Spatio-temporal variations in landscape ecological risk related to the road network in the Central Himalaya. Human and Ecological Risk Assessment: An International Journal, pp.1-18.
• Anees, M.M., Mann, D., Sharma, M., Banzhaf, E. and Joshi, P.K., 2020. Assessment of Urban Dynamics to Understand Spatiotemporal Differentiation at Various Scales Using Remote Sensing and Geospatial Tools. Remote Sensing, 12(8), p.1306.
• Mann, D., Agrawal, G. and Joshi, P.K., 2019. Spatio-temporal forest cover dynamics along with road networks in the Central Himalaya. Ecological Engineering, 127, 383-393.
• Mann, D. and Joshi, P.K., 2017. Evaluation of image classification algorithms on Hyperion and ASTER Data for land cover classification. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, India Section A: Physical Sciences, 87(4), 855-865.
• Pathak, P.A., Budhiraja, B. and Mann, D., 2016. Integrating Smart Platforms to Analyze Energy Patterns in Academic Building. In Geostatistical and Geospatial Approaches for Characterizing Natural Resources in the Environment, 823-827. Springer, Cham.
• Mann, D., Joshi, P.K., and Agrawal, G., 2018. Road network development and forest fragmentation-An inter-state analysis. In 2018 IENE Conference: “Harmonizing transportation and nature”.
• Mann, D., Joshi, P.K. and Agrawal, G., 2018, July. Open Source Platform for Understanding Forest Cover Dynamics-Observing Earth from Space. In IGARSS 2018-2018 IEEE International Geoscience and Remote Sensing Symposium. pp-5255-5257. IEEE.
• Mann, D. and Chandra OB., 2013. Creating a gridded population data of India: A comparison and evaluation study of dasymetric mapping methods. In ESRI User Conference.
Duration, Designation, Name of employer
Apr 2021 to present, Postdoctoral Researcher, Eberswalde University for Sustainable Development, Germany
Awards and Recognitions:
• Awarded funding by DAAD from Aug 2019-Feb to 2021 to carry out Ph.D. research work in Germany under a “binational supervised doctoral degree scholarship”.
• Gold medal for securing the first rank in MSc. Geoinformatics at TERI-SAS.
• Won second prize for GIS Quiz as part of a team representing TERI University at the 14th ESRI User Conference.
• Was felicitated by Delhi Government for securing more than 95% marks in Sanskrit (India’s ancient language) in Class X board exams.
Email ID: email@example.com