Present Designation: Post-Doctoral at IIT Gandhinagar
Area of research:
• Computational Geomechanics
• Numerical Modeling
• Soil-Structure interaction
• Constitutive Modeling of Geomaterials
Title of the thesis: Numerical study on lateral response of hollow caissons embedded in nonlinear soils
My research includes developing a numerical and experimental approach to realistically model the deformation mechanism of structures subjected to different loading conditions and develop simple and robust models for designers to provide accurate solutions to real-life geotechnical structures.
Year Degree (Branch), Name of Institution
2021 Ph.D., (Geotechnical Engineering), Shiv Nadar University, Delhi NCR.
2015 B. Tech. (Civil Engineering), Shiv Nadar University, Delhi NCR.
Publications in peer-reviewed journals
• Rachamandugu, R., & Vikash, G. (2022) Lateral Response of Hollow Circular Caisson Embedded in Nonlinear Soils, International Journal of Geomechanics, ASCE.
• Rachamandugu, R., & Vikash, G. (2021). An Assessment of Codal Provisions for Analysis of Laterally Loaded Well foundations. Indian Geotechnical Journal, 51(2), 262-285.
• Vikash, G., & Rachamandugu, R. (2019). Alternative Analytical Solution of Consolidation at Constant Rate of Deformation. Geotechnical and Geological Engineering, 37(3), 1643-1659.
Publications in reputed conference proceedings
• Vikash, G., & Rachamadugu, R. (2018). Issues in Interpretation of Constant Rate of Strain Consolidation Test Data. Civil Infrastructures Confronting Severe Weathers and Climate Changes Conference (pp. 69-83). Springer, Singapore.
• Rachamadugu, R., Singhai, S., & Vikash, G. (2020). Effect of soil spatial variability on lateral response of healthy foundation embedded in linear elastic soil. In Advances in Computer Methods and Geomechanics (pp. 429-439), Springer, Singapore.
• Rachamadugu, R., & Vikash, G. (2020). Comparative Study of Methods for Analysis of Laterally Loaded Well Foundation. In Construction in Geotechnical Engineering (pp. 385-398). Springer, Singapore.
• Rachamadugu, R., & Vikash, G. (2021). Significance of Interface Modeling in the Analysis of Laterally Loaded Deep Foundations. Recent Advances in Computational Mechanics and Simulations (pp. 199-209). Springer, Singapore.
Paper presented at national/international conferences.
• “Significance of Interface Modelling in Analysis of Laterally Loaded Deep Foundations” in 7th International Congress on Computational Mechanics and Simulation, 11-13 December 2019.
• “Effect of Soil Spatial Variability on Lateral Response of Well Foundation Embedded in Linear Elastic Soil” in International Association for Computer Methods and Advances in Geomechanics Symposium,5-7 March 2019.
• “Comparative Study of Methods for Analysis of Laterally Loaded Well Foundation” in Indian Geotechnical Conference,13-15 December 2018.